MCS Enrichment Activities for Time of Closure
Monroe City School District is committed to providing the best educational experiences for your children. In this time of school closure, our desire is for your students to continue to grow and learn, even if remotely.
The district has provided enrichment materials for your children while they are not at school.
- Parents of elementary students may view the enrichment activities for your child below. To view the materials, select the grade and subject. You may print the materials or download from the grade/subject links. Additional materials may be available on the teacher's website.
- Secondary students will receive materials through Google Classroom or via the teacher's website.
This page is being updated regularly as more activities are completed and prepared! Please make sure you scroll to the bottom of the page for additional online resources for your child!
LPB At-Home Learning - Louisiana Public Broadcasting is a state network of six non-commercial television stations licensed to the Louisiana Educational Television Authority (LETA), established in 1971 by the Louisiana Legislature.
Grade K-12 - Accelerated Reading Quizzes will be opened for students to take quizzes at home during this school closure period.
Most math classes are on the following modules. Please consult your teacher's website or google classroom to determine which lesson to begin with.
See the following resources for instruction:
- Zearn - Interactive lessons can be found in Zearn for grades K-5. Students will log into Zearn through their Clever account. www.Clever.com
- Embarc - Embarc.Online offers videos, teacher editions, and homework solutions
- Great Minds - greatminds.org
3rd grade - Module 7
4th grade - Module 6
5th grade - Module 6
6th grade - Module 6
7th grade - Module 6
8th grade - Module 7 and Practice Test
Video lessons will be made available via GreatMinds.org Wednesday March 18th. Student work pages will be posted March 17th.
CKLA Parent Letter - Important Instructions HERE!