Office of Student Support
The division includes Child Welfare, Special Education, Pupil Appraisal, Crisis Planning, Section 504, Nursing Services, Suspensions and Expulsions, Truancy, and Zoning.
To view the 2014 BTS Professional Development for the Office of Special Services, please click here!
- Special Education - dedicated to improving results for infants, toddlers, children and youth with disabilities ages birth through 21
- Pupil Appraisal - provides such services as assistance with interventions, support services, consultation, staff development, evaluation, interpretation of evaluation results, provision of related services and referral to other agencies
- Section 504 - ensures the needs of students with disabilities are met as adequately as the needs of non-disabled students
- Nursing Services - assesses the health needs of the student in the school setting and promotes safety and wellness of the students and staff through appropriate health services
- Student Behavior Management - oversees student behavior, prevents student dropouts, reduces truancy, and ensures school safety