Carmel Hill Education Program
Margie Godwin, Director, x5026
The Carmel Hill Fund Education Program supports reading and math initiatives throughout the Monroe City School District. The mission of the Carmel Hill Fund is to foster the love of reading in children by providing educators with the means to improve their students' reading ability. Carmel Hill believes that reading is not only an educational skill, but also a tool that children can use to enhance their lives beyond their circumstances.
- Accelerated Reader, Accelerated Math, English in a Flash, Math Facts in a Flash
- Provides instructional support so that each of these programs are implemented effectively in the classroom
- Supplies each school with hardware, software and books so that the students can improve their reading comprehension and math
- Summer Institute for the Gifted
- Sponsors gifted students with the opportunity to participate in an all expense paid three week intensive study program at various universities throughout the United States.
- Partnership with the University of Louisiana at Monroe
- Provides tutoring for Monroe City School students in Math
- Provides hands on experience for education majors to work with elementary students in the Monroe City School District to assist with reading
- The Write Path
- Facilitates this global writing initiative among students in Beijing, Bangkok, Jakarta, Saigon, New York City, London, and Monroe
For additional information, please go to www.carmelhillmonroe.org.